Cameraman is a native app built in to Google’s Hangouts OnAir, and its very powerful. You can easily hide, mute, or focus the scree on any moderators or panelists you have inside your hangout. Learn all about it here!
Screensharing is an essential tool in any webinar platform. Google+ Hangouts has this capability, and its extremely intuitive an useful, however there are some best practices you’ll want to follow when using this functionality. Watch this tutorial to find out what they are!
Gravatar stands for Globally Recognized Avatar. Webinars OnAir uses gravatars to populate the user icons within the webinar chat widget. If you don’t have a gravatar associated with the email on file with Webinars OnAir, it only takes about 2 minutes to create one, its free, and it can make your webinars look much more professional!
If you plan on sharing Powerpoint presentation to your attendees, be sure to watch this tutorial! NOTE – Best practices for sharing a Powerpoint presentation and sharing a website are VERY DIFFERENT! You want to make sure to start your presentation in a WINDOWN and NOT fullscreen – it will give you a LOT more control over the webinar!
**UPDATE** 6/24/15 – Google has made some security updates for those that use a Google Apps account. There is an extra step when wanting to add panelists, or pull people in and out of the moderator (hangout) room. You will need to have the panelists email address and “invite” them when in the hangout. Very simple, very quick, and very secure.
Action Needed: You must now connect an AdSense account to your Youtube Channel in order to use Webinars OnAir. We recommend you begin the process of setting up and connecting a google AdSense account to your YouTube channel immediately as it may take a few days to be approved. This is a very simple process, so just follow the video above to walk you through the steps
- Go to the Monetization page. (https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization) Get there by clicking your icon in the top right > Creator Studio. Then, in the left menu, click Channel > Monetization.
- Make sure you have monetization enabled.
- Use this link to get to the AdSense Association page, (https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization?action_adsense_connection=1) follow the “next” step to be directed to AdSense.
- Select the option at the bottom of the page to choose the Google Account you want to use.
- Enter the password for your Google Account.
- Accept the Adsense association.
- Provide your contact information and submit your AdSense application.
- You’ll be redirected back to YouTube and will see a message saying that your AdSense application has been received.
- Adsense will update you by mail once your AdSense account is approved. Your AdSense ID will be updated on the AdSense Association page. Note that it may take up to 48 hours for the association to be fully active.