Google pushed out a new update that is affecting (and will continue to affect) many Hangouts On Air users and systems. They now REQUIRE you to have an AdSense account connected to your YouTube account in order to embed live streams. Webinars OnAir depends on this functionality to create your webinar room.
Action Needed: You must now connect an AdSense account to your Youtube Channel to continue to use Webinars OnAir. We recommend you begin the process of setting up and connecting a google AdSense account to your YouTube channel immediatelyas it may take a few days to be approved. See the instructions below. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We know these updates by Google affect numerous amounts of people, not just Webinars OnAir users, however, we strive to stay abreast of these updates to minimize the effect on our users. We’ll be in touch with updates as they are made available.
To create or connect an AdSense account, follow these instructions: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72866?hl=en
- WOA will be providing detailed demo videos on AdSense. Until then, please follow YouTube / Google’s instructions. It appears that at this time, for some users, you NEED to have an APPROVED AdSense account associated with YouTube in order to be able to use Hangouts On Air the way we require it.
- This update seems to be slow to roll out. Not all accounts are yet to be effected.
◦ We highly recommend you test your account before running another webinar.
◦ You should begin this AdSense process as soon as possible to avoid any issues with your service.
If you’ve never created an AdSense account before
- Go to the Monetization page. (https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization) Get there by clicking your icon in the top right > Creator Studio. Then, in the left menu, click Channel > Monetization.
- Make sure you have monetization enabled.
- Use this link to get to the AdSense Association page, (https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization?action_adsense_connection=1) follow the “next” step to be directed to AdSense.
- Select the option at the bottom of the page to choose the Google Account you want to use.
- Enter the password for your Google Account.
- Accept the Adsense association.
- Provide your contact information and submit your AdSense application.
- You’ll be redirected back to YouTube and will see a message saying that your AdSense application has been received.
- Adsense will update you by mail once your AdSense account is approved. Your AdSense ID will be updated on the AdSense Association page. Note that it may take up to 48 hours for the association to be fully active.
Your experience as a customer of Webinars onAir is our utmost priority. We appreciate your patience and partnership as we work through Google’s latest update.